Wednesday, June 24, 2009

蔡琴 - 遇见

I am a big fan of CaiQin. I am also a loyal fan of CaiQin. I have been listening to CaiQin since early 80s. I still can't get enough of listening to her.
CaiQin started her career as a folk song singer who performed in folk song pubs in Taiwan. She possesses a natural and magnetically rich vocals. I am totally swept off my feet whenever I hear her sings. When I saw this album displayed at a music shop, I just could help but to fork out almost RM200 to take possess of this album.
Chris Barbida arranges all the songs in this album. As usual, CaiQin belts out song after song effortlessly.
I would like to highlight song number 2 on side B - Leave Your Worries Behind ( 张三的歌) in this album. Whenever I was driving with my wife and kids in the car. If this song was played, all of us would sing along. At the end of the song, one of the kids would call out, "Daddy, please replay the song", then we would start singing the song all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment