Saturday, June 13, 2009

Skeeter Davis - Here's The Answer

In my previous post, I mentioned about a CD that I played very often in my granduncle's house during my 2-year stay in Penang.
Well, this is the album - Skeeter Davis' Here's the Answer.
In fact this is a very unique/one-of-a-kind LP. This album contains 6 songs made famous by RCA artists Jim Reeves, Eddy Arnold, Ray Peterson, Don Gibson, Floyd Cramer and Hank Locklin. After each song is sung by the male artist, there comes the reply (by a song with the same tune but different lyrics) by Skeeter Davis.
The titles of the songs are also very interesting:
Side A
He'll have to go (Jim Reeves)
He'll have to stay (Skeeter Davis)
Last date (Floyd Cramer)
My last date (with you) (Skeeter Davis)
Tell Laura I love her (Ray Peterson)
Tell Tommy I miss him (Skeeter Davis)
Side B
Please help me, I'm falling (Hank Locklin)
(I can't help you) I'm falling too (Skeeter Davis)
I really don't want to know (Eddy Arnold)
I really want you to know (Skeeter Davis)
Just one time (Don Gibson)
I want to see you too (Skeeter Davis)

4 comments: