Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tammy Wynette - Stand By Your Man


My youngest brother, Boon Hooi, loves music. As far as CD collection is concerned, he thrashes me. I think he has more than 2,000 CDs in his collection. In fact, he introduced many singers to me. Tammy Wynette is one of the singers that I got to know from him.

He bought Tammy Wynette's CD, "Higher Ground", way back in late 1990s. During one of trips back to my hometown, he played that CD to me. After listening to just 2 or 3 songs of that CD, I simply fell for the Tammy Wynette's music. I also told him that I would look for more CDs of Tammy.
Subsequently, I did saw Tammy Wynette's CDs on music shops. However, all these CDs were having those few songs that I already owned. I was disappointed and thought I I would never have chance to listen to more songs of Tammy.
However, the situation changed when I started to collect LPs. Every now and then, an LP of Tammy surfaced and I just grabbed it. I have already owned 8 LPs of Tammy today.
This album, "Stand By Your Man" contains Tammy Wynette's greatest hit of the same name.
Song List:
Side A : (You Make Me Want To Be) A Mother, Another Lonely Song, Kids Say the Darnest Things, Love's The Answer, Bedtime Story, Stand By Your Man
Side B : Good Lovin' (Makes It Right), Reach Out Your Hand, Please Come to Boston, 'Til I Get It Right, My Man (Understand), There Goes That Old Steel Guitar, Help Me Make It Through The Night

3 comments:

  1. One really great singer. I must go and buy her vinyls. Thanks for renewing my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, thanks for your comment.

    Tammy Wynette is one of greatest female C&W singers that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous26/11/11

    love it. thanks for writing. Ive fallen for her in particular fashion. I was diehard reba fan up until knowing of this woman, and her work. Really wished I'd learned about her sooner, when she was here among us.

    happy holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete