Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Beginning of the Hobby

I started this hobby of collecting vinyl records by coincidence.

One lazy Sunday afternoon in June 2006, I walked into Amcorp Mall at Petaling Jaya, Selangor, with an intention to audition some Hi-fi equipment. As I walked around on the 2nd floor, I bumped into a store selling vinyl records. Although I liked listening to music then, my entire collection of music was in CD format. Collecting vinyl records had never crossed my mind at all. However, I approached the store and casually flipping through the stacks of vinyl records. Then, an album caught my attention.

The album was Pan Wan Ching Greatest 1965 Hits! The singer was Pan Wan Ching, aka Rebecca Pan. It was my late father’s favorite. I could also remember that my family spent many joyous evening listening to the record. Although I did not have a record player, I decided to buy the record for keeping, and to re-lived those happy moments with my family again!

Unknown to me then, it was the point that ignited my craze for collecting vinyl records.

No comments:

Post a Comment