Monday, July 20, 2009

Emmylou Harris - Roses in the Snow

In 1979, I was a student in Sekolah Menengah Ibrahim, Sungai Petani, Kedah. In that year, my school held a school concert. A stage was even built for students to perform. I remember that they were quite a number of students who went up to the stage to perform. However, there was a band that was made up of 3 student guitarists who performed the song "Boxer". Their performance left a lasting impression upon me until today. I could still remember 1 of the students was Ong Chee Keong.
I found and bought a cassette that contained this song performed by Simon and Garfunkel soon after the concert. 2 years later I went on to study in Singapore. One day, I found another cassette that contained this song. However, the singer was Emmylou Harris. That was the first time I came to know about Emmylou Harris. I bought the cassette.

When I started to collect LPs, I found this LP and bought it in August 2006.
As Emmylou Harris is a guitarist, guitar becomes the most popular musical instrument in many of her songs. Coupled with the crystal clear voice of Emmylou Harris, the songs in the albums are all very very country-oriented. The songs I like most are "The Boxer" and "I'll Go Stepping Too".

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/8/09

    Emmylou Harris roses in the snow so cute
    As Emmylou Harris is a guitarist, guitar becomes the most popular musical instrument in many of her songs this is best songs .
    Get More Details

    ReplyDelete