Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wilf Carter - 40th Anniversary Special

After I bought my LP player, I spent a lot of time listening to my small collection of LPs. Of my collection of LPs, I found that I loved Slim Whitman's yodeling songs very much. So I started to turn to Internet to find out more about yodeling. After weeks of research, I noted down names of yodelers in my diary. Wilf Carter was one of the yodeler I got to know from Internet.
I found Wilf Carter - 40th Anniversary Special in Nov 2006. I felt elated because I thought I would never be able to get any yodeling albums besides Slim Whitman.
The above pictures were extracted from a piece of note found inside the album.
Wilf Carter was a born in Nova Scotia, Canada, in 1904 and passed away in 1996. He was a true blue cowboy. In fact he worked as a cowboy during his youth.
In this doubled LP album, Wilf yodels in many songs. The songs that impressed me most is "Yellow Rose of Texas" and "My Nova Scotia Home".
For those of you who want to have a taste of yodeling. Here's a link to Youtube's Wilf Carter's "Yellow Rose of Texas", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnu6ui_8nI0

No comments:

Post a Comment