Sunday, August 2, 2009

Song - Cold Cold Heart

Lyrics by Hank Williams

I tried so hard my dear to show that you’re my every dream

Yet you’re afraid each thing I do is just some evil scheme
A memory from your lonesome past keeps us so far apart
Why can’t I free your doubtful mind and melt your cold cold heart

Another love before my time made your heart sad and blue
And so my heart is paying now for things I didn’t do
In anger unkind words are said that make the teardrops start
Why can’t I free your doubtful mind and melt your cold cold heart

You’ll never know how much it hurts to see you sit and cry
You know you need and want my love yet you’re afraid to try
Why do you run and hide from lies, to try it just ain’t smart
Why can’t I free your doubtful mind and melt your cold cold heart

There was a time when I believed that you belonged to me
But now I know your heart is shackled to a memory
The more I learn to care for you, the more we drift apart
Why cant I free your doubtful mind and melt your cold cold heart

* * *

Cold Cold Heart was written and sung by Hank Williams in 1951.

Wikipedia aptly describes that “the song achingly and artfully describes frustration that the singer's love and trust is unreciprocated due to a prior bad experience in the other's past”.

With Hank Williams’ slightly coarse voice, I can’t find any singers who can sing this song better than him. Every time I listened to this song by Hank Williams, my heart felt the pain and frustration of the Hank too.

Here’s a link to Hank Williams’ Cold Cold Heart in YouTube,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUuzrB_TGyk

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sir,
    Thanks for the visit. I love your blog and don't ever give it up. I hope you don't mind if I put up one of your postings on my blog because I love vinyls just as much.

    I shall be a regular. Please feel free to comment and do the same on Singapore60sMusic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Andy,

    Thanks for your visit and encouragement. Please feel free to use my postings as you wish.

    I salute your effort to keep your passion and love for music going on and on. And more importantly, to pass your knowledge and experience to the people like me.

    Regards,
    BC Teoh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks BC, I am also a newcomer to this crazy world of vinyl collecting but have learnt much by surfing the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/8/09

    thanks for this crazy world of vinyl so better

    Get More Details

    ReplyDelete