Monday, August 24, 2009

Eddy Arnold - The Greatest of Eddy Arnold



Eddy Arnold was a country singer who performed from 1940s to 1990s. He was very popular from 1940s to 1960s where he had 28 singles that hit the number 1 position in Billboard’s Top Country Chart.

According to Wikipedia, “Eddy had 147 songs on the Billboard Magazine music charts, second only to George Jones. Though Jones had more individual hits,
one authoritative study ranks Arnold as the all-time leader for hits and their time on the charts. Arnold sold more than 85 million records from 1943 to his death in 2008”.

In this album, Eddy crooned the songs in pop style rather than belted them out in country fashion. The song I like most in this LP is “Cattle Call”. This is my second LP that contains my favorite song, “Cattle Call”.

Song List:

Side 1 – Bouquet of Roses, Make the World Go Away, Here Comes Heaven, Somebody Like Me, Anytime, Lonely Again, But For Love

Side 2 – Turn the World Around, Cattle Call, The Tip of My Fingers, Here Comes My Baby, I Want to Go With You, I’ll Hold You in My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment