Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Anne Murray - New Kind of Feeling


I first heard Anne Murray’s songs on radio in the late 70s. Songs like ‘Snow Bird’, ‘You Needed Me”, “I Just Fall in Love Again” and “Walk Right Back” were broadcasted on air quite frequently.
I only bought my first Anne Murray CD, “Anne Murray Greatest Hits”, after I started working. The year should be 1987 or 1988. I loved all the songs in that CD so much because it contained most of her chart toppers.

I own 7 LPs, including “Greatest Hits” of Anne Murray to-date. However my first Anne Murray’s LP that I bought was “New Kind of Feeling” in January 2007.

Song List:
Side 1 : Shadows In The Moonlight, You've Got What It Takes, I Just Fall In Love Again, Take This Heart, Yucatan Cafe

Side 2 : For No Reason At All, Raining In My Heart, That's Why I Love You, He's Not You, Heaven Is Here

8 comments:

  1. She's one of my favourite Canadian stars. And 'Snowbird' is special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I knew about 'Snowbird' even before I knew about Anne Murray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous23/10/09

    This is an interesting post and blog. There was a time when my wife and I had a lot of vinyl records. And I don't remember what ever happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just listened to her on YouTube after reading this post. Great singer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey pallie, likes thanks so much for you kind words of Dinoappreciato over at the ilovedinomartin Dinoblog...does hope you will do some Dinosharin' here at your great music trib blogg....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your visit, Abraham.

    My father used to have a good collection of vinyl records too. My mother gave them away after the introduction of cartridge/cassette tapes to the music world.

    I had to start collecting them again when I started this hobby in 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your visit, DMP.

    I will post the albums of the great Dean Martin in my blog one day.

    Love you dino lingo and will visit your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roger, Anne Murray comes from Canada. Quite a number of her songs topped Billboard's country chart during the late 70s and early 80s.

    ReplyDelete