Monday, October 26, 2009

Bobby Bare - This is Bare Country

During the initial period of my vinyl record collecting hobby, I bought different genres of music to listen. However, after 3 to 4 months of crazy buying, I found that I inclined to listen to classic country and western music most of the time and left other records behind to collect dust.

As my knowledge on country and western music was limited then, I started to search the Internet to find more about classic country singers (and yodelers). I also became a good friend of a vinyl record vendor whom always kept country and western records aside and gave me priority to select. Through these years, some of the singers recommended by him have become my favourite singers. Bobby Bare is one of the singers recommended by him.

Bobby Bare is quite a unique singer because he adds narration in between his songs quite often and I find the narration enhances what he tries to express in the songs.

Song List:

Side 1 : When I Want to Love a Lady, A Million Miles to the City, Darby's Castle, Jesus Christ What a Man, Just in Case (A Night Like This One Comes Again), City Boy Country Born

Side 2 : Roses Are Red, Lorena, After The Divorce, Lonely Street, Short And Sweet

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic BC,
    Your blog will definitely attract more surfers now. And Bobby Bare is great with this new format.

    Love his 'Roses Are Red' too. Now the young people will know that there's a lot of CW before Glen Campbell and Shania Twain.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pallie, likes thanks so much for droppin' by the ol' ilovedinomartin Dinoblog...gotta 'fess up that I have never ever heard of Bobby Bare...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, Thanks for your encouragement.

    I loved Bobby Bare's 'Roses Are Red' as soon as I listened to this song for the first time. I think his voice and 'Red Are Red' match perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi pallie DMP,

    I too only knew about Bobby Bare after I bought this LP.

    Pallie, what we need to do is to visit Andy's blog more often. Soon we will know many singers of yester-years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear BC,
    Thanks for the compliments. My knowledge is limited. You have a rare collection of LPs that is very interesting. And with BBare's collection, I only know one song, 'Roses Are Red'. And it's by another singer.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey pallie, great suggestion BC, but likes gotta 'fess up that I only really wants to know 'bout our Dino...I am just Dinocrazed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy, I believe good music out there is endless and we only know a tiny portion of music that is of our interest. I believe we will always like to discover more good music by learning from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pallie DMP, I know the great Dino is your one and only. I will chip in a post or two about the great Dino once a while as I like his songs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey pallie, thanks for your Dinounderstandin' and will be lookin' forward to your Dinocontributions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Odd name there "Bare" but I can see from comments here his music is assuredly far from bare. Another one to look out for. Like you, I also love CWM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roger, Bobby Bare has several really great country and western songs. I put 2 of my favourite ones at the top right of my blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete