Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rick Nelson - Singles 1963 - 1974 Album


A few months ago, Andy Young of "Singapore 60s Andy's Pop Music Influence" posted an article on popular songs of late 50s in Singapore. As I like to listen to oldies, I checked out all the songs listed by Andy on You Tube. I enjoyed listening to many of the songs and I liked 2 particular songs, namely Rick Nelson’s “Poor Little Fool” and David Seville’s “Witch Doctor”.


“Garden Party” was the song that I remembered by heart when I was in secondary school. However, I did not Rick Nelson was the singer of this song until I checked it out on You Tube then.


I found an album of Rick Nelson just a few weeks after Andy Young’s post. The album, “The Rick Nelson Singles 1963-1974 Album” contains 16 tracks. I think all the songs can be classified as pop/rock. There are 3 songs that I like in particular, “Gypsy Woman”, “Take a City Bride” and “Garden Party”.


Song List:


Side A – You Don’t Love me Anymore, I Got a Woman, String Along, Gypsy Woman, Fools Rush In, For You, The Very Thought of You, There’s Nothing I Can Say


Side B – A Happy Guy, Mean Old World, Take a City Bride, She Belongs to me, Easy to be Free, Garden Party, Palace Guard, One Night Stand

8 comments:

  1. This album is really fantastic with all the hit singles within a period on one vinyl. In fact I do not have many of them either on CD or vinyl.

    A very good selection indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, thanks for your commtne. Am I right to say that Rick Nelson's style is similar to Cliff Richard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they are similar in so many ways but Rick Nelson is more Country and Western I think, while Cliff Richard is more a crooner.

    I may be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your analysis. Cliff Richard kept coming up on my mind when I was listening to Rick Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey pallie, what I remember best by Ricky is his duet with our Dino from the classic flick "Rio Bravo." Nice to hear from you BC and know that your Dino-devotion continues to grow....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info. My sum knowledge of oldies keeps on growing, thanks in large part to Andy and you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi pallie DMP, I watched that video clip before. Our Dino was so cool in that clip.

    After reading your comment, I watched that video clip again and noticed that young cowboy was Ricky Nelson.

    Thanks for the alert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roger, Please don't thank us.

    Management gurus always tell us to start now and look to the future whereas technologists want us to keep up with latest technologies but Andy and I keep digging back into the past. We are heading towards the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete