Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wagon Wheels. Legendary Songs of the Old West - Part 2

I could say that this is one of my most treasured LP albums. The conditions of the LPs are very good, the quality of the recording is very high and the songs are simply superb.

Song List:

LP1 (Sony Music)

Side 1 – Back in the Saddle Again (Gene Autry), Cherokee Maiden (Bob Wills), High Noon (Tex Ritter), Pistol Packin’ Mama (Al Dexter), Mule Train (Frankie Laine), I’m an Old Cowhand (Patsy Montana), The Streets of Loredo (Marty Robins), Down in the Valley (Slim Whitman), El Rancho Grandee (Gene Autry), Jingle Jangle Jingle (Tex Ritter), Wabash Cannon Ball (Roy Acuff)

Side 2 – Home on the Range (Gene Autry), Bury Me Not in the Prairie (Tex Ritter), New San Antonio Rose (Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys), Have I Told You Lately That I Loved You (Gene Autry), I Want to be a Cowboy’s Sweetheart (Patsy Montana), That Silver Haired Daddy of Mine (Gene Autry), I’m Thinking Tonight of my Blue Eyes (The Carter Family), Red River Valley (Slim Whitman), Jealous Heart (Tex Ritter), Deep in the Heart of Texas (Bob Wills),

LP2 (RCA Record)

Side 1 – Wagon Wheels (Sons of the Pioneers), Cattle Call (Eddy Arnolds), Along the Santa Fe Trail (Bing Crosby), Take me Back to my Boots and Saddle (Jimmy Wakely), Cool Water (Sons of the Pioneers), South of the Border (Patsy Cline), Goodnight Irene (Red Foley and Ernest Tubb), The Last Roundup (Rex Allen)

Side 2 – Don’t Fence Me in (Bing Crosby), Whopee Ti-Yi-Yo (Sons of the Pioneers), Blue Yodel No 1 (Jimmie Rodgers), Empty Saddles (Sons of the Pioneers), Nobody’s Darling but Mine (Jimmie Davies), The Shifting Whispering Sands (Jim Reeves), Riders in the Sky (Vaughn Monroe & Sons of the Pioneers)

LP3 (RCA Record)

Side 1 – Tumbling Tumbleweeds (Sons of the Pioneers), It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angel (Kitty Wells), Sioux City Sue (Bing Crosby), Along the Navajo Trail (Sons of the Pioneers), Someday You’ll Want Me to Want You (Elton Britt), The Prisoner’s Song (Vernon Dalhart), Old Shep (Red Foley)

Side 2 – When It’s Springtime in the Rockies (Montana Slim), You Are My Sunshine (Jimmie Davies), Teardrops in My Heart (Sons of the Pioneers), Mexicali Rose (Jim Reeves), Beautiful Brown Eyes (Jimmy Wakely), Twilight on the Trail (Sons of the Pioneers), Happy Trail (Roy Rogers and Dale Evans)

2 comments:

  1. Hi BC, I will connect your blog to mine so others can enjoy it too. Wow, the records you have take me back to the good, old days. 'Wabash Cannon Ball' is one song I never expected to see on the LP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Andy,

    Thank you for connecting my blog at your blog. I will do the same once I learn how to do it. Right now, I don't even know how to put those items like youtube clips, blogroll, etc, at the sidebar.

    I always felt elated whenever I found an LP with my favourite songs or a great song like 'Wabash Cannon Ball' in it. I had that wonderful feeling when I spinned this LP for the first time, and subsequent times...

    Regards,
    BC Teoh

    ReplyDelete