Thursday, December 17, 2009

Emmylou Harris - Light in the Stable

Emmylou Harris is a country and western singer as well as a song writer. I came to know her through the song, “The Boxer” in the early 80s. I have collected several LPs of Emmylou Harris since I started my LP collection hobby 3 1/2 years ago.


In this album, Emmylou Harris sang the Christmas songs with her usual crystal clear voice. I particularly like the second song on side B, “Little Drummer Boy” because she really sang the song with her unique Emmylou Harris’ style.


This album was released in 1980.


Song List :


Side 1 – Christmas Time’s A-Coming, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Away in a Manger, Angel Eyes, The First Noel


Side 2 – Beautiful Star of Bethlehem, Little Drummer Boy, Golden Cradle, Silent Night, Light of the Stable

5 comments:

  1. Heard her once or twice singing, 'Coat Of Many Colors' inspired by Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical, "Joseph And The Technicolor Dreamcoat.' Must learn more about her.

    Thanks BC. You are encouraging me to make a come back to newer CW songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came to say Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, from me and family too. Glad we finally met. Next time, no more Yong Tau Foo.

    Hope you will blog about Conway Twitty. Ha, ha!
    Merry Xmas & A Happy 2010 to you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nomore, thank you and happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andy, I have just returned to KL after my long long break. Have yet to listen to Conway Twitty presented by you. Will defintely blog about it. Thank you very much for the LP.

    ReplyDelete